From Instructor Ashley Youngblood:
"Shannon and her little one Edith have been such joy to have in class. You can find them sweating it out at our nights and weekends classes. I am so proud of Shannon's progress. Way to go mama!" Let's hear more about Shannon!
1. Who are the members of your family? My husband Chris, my 14-month old daughter Edith, and our chocolate lab mix Oakley.
2. What is or was your career? I am the purchasing agent for Pace Electrical Contractors, Inc. here in Savannah, and have worked here for the past 12 years.
3. How long have you been a member of Stroller Strides of Savannah and what has it done for you? I took a free class in April and loved it so I immediately joined. I definitely needed to get out of the house and get moving, and I love that Edith is learning from an early age what support and friendship look like in other mommies and kiddos. We both really enjoy going to class every week!
4. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood? Besides the absolute love that I have for my daughter, and it is so much more than I ever thought possible, it made me appreciate my own mama so much more than I already did. To know what you would do for your child to make sure that they have anything and everything they ever want/need, and to know that your own mama feels the same way…I don’t think I could imagine that amount of love before I had a child of my own.
5. Favorite website(s)? Pinterest, Facebook, Amazon
6. List three current obsessions. The Outlander Series, on-line shopping, taming my daughter’s curly hair
7. What is your child's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do? Edith loves snuggles and kisses and will pull me close to try and get more kisses. And she loves for us to tote her around the yard in her wagon with the dog chasing her. She will just laugh and laugh!
8. Any tips for other moms out there? Cut yourself some slack! I know that I am guilty of trying to make everything perfect and I need to continue to learn that I am doing the best I can, and so are you! And, take some time for yourself! Go get a pedicure or make a run to Target by yourself! The dishes, laundry, etc. can wait!