From instructor Emma Davis, "Cassie joined our FIT4MOM family when her daughter Julia was only a couple months old. She is an enthusiastic and positive presence in our group, and is consistent with her workouts in class and at home. You can tell she has made huge progress since starting last winter! Cassie is a great example of someone who balances work and motherhood, while still making time to improve herself. Great job Cassie!"
Let's hear more about Cassie!
1. Who are the members of your family?
Myself, my husband Philip, Julia (10 months), and our cat Tiki.
2. What is or was your career?
I am a therapist and for the last 5 years have managed a drug treatment program.
3. How long have you been a member of Stroller Strides of Savannah and what has it done for you?
I joined Stroller Strides in January 2016, and it is definitely one of the best decisions I've ever made! I feel so much better physically than I have in years and am definitely stronger. But I think the best parts are the friendships and support I've gotten from joining!
4. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood?
How much patience I have! And how functional I can be on so little sleep!
5. Favorite website(s)?
Amazon.com, my Fantasy Football Fit4Mom league page
6. List three current obsessions.
Football, my Fitbit, and working in my yard
7. What is your child's/children's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do?
Right now she loves snuggling and offering me toys to chew on with her. I think she loves that I'll imitate her and make her laugh!
8. Any tips for other moms out there?
Nothing will go as planned, and that's okay! And don't try to do it alone!